My Brother's Keeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am the Man

Go down

I am the Man Empty I am the Man

Post  feleazer Wed May 28, 2008 7:22 am

I am the Man…

At some point in each one of our lives, we’ve declared “I am the Man.” Whether it was after hitting the game winning shot, setting a new record of some sort, closing a big deal, solving a problem that no one else could solve, or, (for the married men) when you REALLY put it down in the bedroom - like on your Honey Moon and on those special occasions…. you stand up and declare “I AM THE MAN.”…King Kong ain’t got nothing on me!!!!!

The dictionary has over 40 definitions for the word Man, but the first definition states: A man is: An adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.

“Man” walked the earth first; we were created before “Woman”. “Woman” was created from us, so based on God’s design it all starts with us. That’s why God called us to be the priests and heads of our households. But my question is “What does it mean to be the Man?” Furthermore, what kind of Man are you? Do you see yourself within the below the definitions?

Manager - A person who succeeds in accomplishing his designed purpose.

(A person who God has selected and promoted, and is succeeding in following His purpose for your life)

Manipulator - A person who influences or manages shrewdly or deviously

(A person who influences deviously for personal gain)

Mangler - A person who mutilates, destroys, disfigures or cripples

(Are you destroying or crippling yourself, your relationships or causing others to stumble because of your example)

Maniac - An insane person, a lunatic, a person who acts in a wildly irresponsible way

(Have you lost your mind, hope and faith and are your actions wildly irresponsible)

Mannequin - A figure or object that resembles a man, (We often refer to them as Crash Test or Department Store Dummies) (Are you someone that resemble a “real man”, but you’re really just an imposter and “A big Dummy”)

Manure – 1) Excrement (waste material). 2) Fertilizer: meaning material that enriches and promotes growth. (Are you wasting your life on foolishness or are you like Fertilizer that enriches and promotes growth)

Let’s take it a step further….We call this fellowship of Men “My Brother’s Keeper.” So as a group of MEN, who and what do we represent? Here are a few more words to think about. Are we:

Menaces to our Society - Those whose actions, attitudes, or ideas are considered dangerous or harmful.

Mendacious - known for lying, esp. habitually; dishonest; untruthful, false

Are we Menial - of low value & unimportant

What is our Mentality - our way of thinking and our attitudes

Are we seen as Mentors - wise and trusted counselors or teachers

Most importantly, are we Menders and are we allowing God to MEND us - to mend is to make something this broken, worn, torn, or otherwise damaged whole again. To repair or restore, to fix, to reform or correct.

Let us not forget our Mission Statement which is: My Brothers Keeper (MBK) is a fellowship of dedicated Christian men demonstrating the love of God, who praise, pray, support, encourage, affirm and accept, those seeking to have a closer relationship with God and with his fellow man through Christian service.

feleazer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum